Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kuldeep Saxena (Not Applicable)     26 September 2012

Selling joint property

We have ancenstral land (in urban area) in MP which is currently registered in the name of  5 brothers. Four of us want to sell it but the fifth brother is not co-operating. i. What are the options available with us to resolve. ii. Can we sell 4/5 portion without consent of the fifth leaving 1/5th area as it is. 


 1 Replies

Bhawani Mahapatra (Law Officer)     26 September 2012

Dear Kuldeep

Your query is tagged with a solution also.

But the first & most safe solution is to file a partition suit of the property. It may take time, but after that every joint-owner will have a separate right to dispose off his own portion of land & there will be no future litigation also.

But if four out of five joint owner will sell 4/5th of the property, there is a chance of future litigation as the property is not devided by meets and bounds.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query