LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Madhusudhan   01 June 2022

Selling assignment land (govt. quarter) without son's consent

Hi, I purchased the government quarters which is on my name and Telangana government issued Assignment Land patta for the same in the year 2015.

Can I sell it with out my Son's permission.

At the back side of Patta, the property is only heritable. Transfer or sale through registration or notary is not allowed.

Learning

7 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     02 June 2022

It is your self-acquired property and can be dealt in any manner as you like.  If you want authentic confirmation, File RTI to the authority that issued the Patta and request information under RTI as follows;

1. Please provide me a certified copy of laid down rules and regulations to dispose of the property for the necessities of the purchaser of Government land through  Assignment land patta.

P. Venu (Advocate)     02 June 2022

Admittedly, the property assigned is not saleable, but only heritable. If so, how could there be the question of selling the property? You son's permssion is a secondary aspect.

Madhusudhan   02 June 2022

Actually the government quarters was by bought by me in the year 1993. Transaction has been done through Bond Paper, hand written and signed by buyer and seller.

In 2015, when applied for Land Regulation scheme, Telangana government issued Assignment Land Patta for Land under Possession.

This is the complete picture and now I wanted sell. But, my sons are not allowing me to do that.

P. Venu (Advocate)     02 June 2022

If, as stated,  you have been conferred with the right to transfer, your sons have standing to object to the sale.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     04 June 2022

Can you purchase "government quarter"?

Unoka Assumi   21 August 2022

If it is not saleable how in the first place did you buy it...

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     21 August 2022

Prima facie it is a time-pass hypothetical and fabricated story.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register