LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vanita Patel (Personal)     07 March 2011

Selling Agricultural Land in Gujarat

I am a UK citizen, my father is a UK citizen. My father has recently discovered that he has agricultural land in his and his brother's name - it was originally their fathers. We have been to see the land and it is being cultivated (by whom - we dont know). How can we find out when the land was purchased, when my father's and uncle's names were put on the registry and if anyone else has any rights to the land. What formalities are involved with taxes and other payments and how do we find who is cultivating the land. Can this all be done from here in the UK?

Learning

7 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     17 March 2011

Send an application to Sub-registrar of the place where your land is situated. This can be done online. Please see the Gujarat state govt. website.

girish shringi (advocate)     25 March 2011

This is a common practice in Gujarat , when nobody is there to look after any land the Land Grabbers come to know that no one will come in the way when they will make the possession in the property,they naturally insitigated by the villagers who locally known as bhumafias.

You can  put full details of the said land to make search for the same to any of your trusted advocate so he can make out the details of the same and inform you to the procedure is to be followed.

There are three Acts can be applied to this case:

1.Indian Penal Code

2.Bombay Land Revenue Act

3.Civil procedure Code

Which will give you full rights to enjoy the said land and possession thereof.

Girish Shringi

You can contact for full details at girishshringi@gmail.com

Devang Mistry (Consultant)     19 April 2011

Respected Sir,

Is same is applicable to property/Shares/NSCs/KVPs also ?

I found that when I was at abroad, FDs/NSC/KVP/Property in name of my mother aged about 60 yrs misappropriated by one of my close relative with the help of his practising Civil Advocate.

Please guide me.

Regards,

girish shringi (advocate)     19 May 2011

Dear Devang,

If any illegal work is been done by anyone in any capacity it may be a minister or beurocrate the Law applied to everyone.

Dont worry about that. What we need is to prove that it was an illegal deed done by the person.

For Land, Land Laws applied and for othjer  investments the related laws will applied.

You need to specify the details of investments.

Thanks.

Girish Shringi 

(advocate)

If you want to send full details for guide you can use my mail:girishshringi@gmail.com

Praveen Singh (Lawyer)     01 August 2012

Vanita,

You can go for a Title Report through an advocate whereby it could be found as to how your father and uncle's names were recorded in revenue records and who else has rights in the land.

As far as the posession is concerned the same is a factual issue and should be physically verified by yourself

KVP and such other bonds/Securities are governed by the Know Your Customer norms and if somebody has misguided by impersonation than such matter can be challenged in court vide both civil and criminal litigations

Devang Mistry

KVP and such other bonds/Securities are governed by the Know Your Customer norms and if somebody has misguided by impersonation than such matter can be challenged in court vide both civil and criminal litigations

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register