Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rakesh (TSE)     27 January 2013

Seller not giving the original link document

Hi all,

Two years back my dad has given me a property which i have sold recently.  Currently I and my dad dont have good relations due to him staying with another lady than my mom......I dint take the original link document and the electricity connetction is still under his name.

The person whom i sold the property now wants the original link document and the Electricity dept wanted my dad signature inorder to change the connection name.

Now my dad is unwilling to give the original link document and not signing the Electricity dept letter for name transfer. Please suggest how to proceed further legally.

Thanks & Regards,

Rakesh

Learning

8 Replies

Akshay Sahni (Founder/Partner)     27 January 2013

Dear Sir,

Your father gave you the property in the form of gift? or for any consideration? Do you have any document to prove that you were the last holder of the property?

Get a Legal Notice issued to your father asking him to complete the legal obligations towards the sale proceeds.

We would be able to help you futher, please visit our website www.indialawhelp.com and get in touch regarding the issue.

We have offices in Delhi, Noida,  Mumbai, Pune, Hyderabad, Allahabad, Dhanbad, Kolkata.

Regards

Akshay Sahni

Advocate

HI 

Thanks for the reply. Its a gift deed given on my name. Now i have sold the property and he is intentionally not giving the link document and not complying with signing the nessary documents for name change in Electricity dept.

I have also sent the request to www.indialawhelp.com.

Thanks

Rakesh

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     27 January 2013

What does GIVEN ME PROPERTY mean?

Hi Anil Sir...I meant its a gift deed done on my name.

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     28 January 2013

Is gift deed registered? What document do you have to prove that it has been given to you as gift?

Rakesh (TSE)     28 January 2013

Yes a gift deed is registered in my name. I have the gift deed documents as proof.

Manish Kumar (General Counsel and Company Secretary)     28 January 2013

Hi! You can get the certified true copy of the deeds from the concerned registrar after filing an FIR. The new owner may get its name change in the electricity depp. by showing the conveyance deed in his favour. 

Rakesh (TSE)     28 January 2013

Thanks for the info provided..what to do if i file a fir on my dad and he asks me money to sign on the document...if a compromise is initiated.....Also let me know if we can get the name changed without his signature just by showing the conveyance deed.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register