Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sriram   20 September 2016

Sell regularisation property in chennai

Hi, I have a property in Chennai which is regularised. It's a house in 2nd floor. The previous owner paid the relevant regularised fine/fees to CMDA in 2002 under section 122. I am confused with the high court orders on quashing the GOs related to regularisation for properties constructed before 2007. I am confused whether my property gets affected due to this. I want to sell my property now and I am not sure now whether I will be able to sell that due to this issue? Is my property now stands unauthorised and not regularised? Please help.


 4 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     20 September 2016

The matter requires prfessional consultation. Even otherwise, the facts posted are insufficient to make any meaningful suggestion.

Shashikant V. Patil (Lawyer)     20 September 2016

After Highcourt Order of quash the CMDA regularisation, then it becomes unauthorised and will have difficullty to sell it.  Consult suitable lawyer.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     20 September 2016

File application under RTI Act direct to Corporation seeking whether the owner who has CMDA regularisation can sell the property and action taken by Corporation to go for appeal against HC orders and the present status of such regularisation accepted cases.

Search website of the Corporation for application format, SPIO particulars and fee particulars.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     20 September 2016

You can benefit from the advise of experts.

Professional consultation may be preferred for a considered opinion.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register