LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

S Ali (Senior Business Executive)     26 March 2014

Sell of hiba nama land

Can we sale a land which is given by my Mother's brother ?


Can we give on rent for some time? will it be legal, and whose signature is required on paper? As my mother is no more.


 4 Replies

Sourav Das (Advocate Supreme Court of India)     26 March 2014

dear sir/ ma'm,


u have to check the gift deed whether there is any transferable right conferred or not. if gihtft was made with transferable right then u have no problem.otherwise, u can not.



Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     27 March 2014

Is it gifted to you mother by her brother ? A gift of deed is usually a transaction that takes place between close relatives, where the owner of a property has agreed to give the property to another person by way of gift. 

S Ali (Senior Business Executive)     27 March 2014

Thanks for giving your valuable time and suggestion..

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     28 March 2014

Please clarify that on whose name is the property lying now, if you are the title holder, how did you acquire it?  Did your mother's brother gift the land to you or to your mother? Without proper details, it will be difficult to render any opinion to your query.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register