Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nitin Handa (Manager)     04 August 2013

Sell bike without noc

Hi,

I want to sell my bike in noida which was bought in chennai in 2004. At that time while moving here I did not get noc.

As I understood from other posts that bike cannot be transferred to the new owner name without noc. So is ther other way to sell bike like by getting an affidavit that I sold my bike, etc. ? What is your advise if I should sell bike or not?

Thanks,

nitin

Learning

8 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     04 August 2013

If you want to sell the bike in Noida, NOC is necessary

surjit singh (Assistant)     04 August 2013

The disadvantage is if the vehicle is involved in any kind of accident or any criminal activities the liabilities will come upon you, because the law will hold the registered owner liable.

sridher mariappan (advocate/notary)     04 August 2013

another important aspect is, the bike has to be inspected by the Police etc., before issuing NOC. the invoice and other documents namely the transit Voucher is also required to get NOC. 

k.aaronic (ombudsman)     04 August 2013

As per M.V ACTit is an offence to use motor cycle with out regestration Number and RC Book. you can sell it as scrap        aaronic

Nitin Handa (Manager)     04 August 2013

Thanks everyone for valuable advise. Given that I don't have NOC and I can't get it because I don't know anyone in chennai where bike is registered. It is infeasible to go there for getting an NOC.

So can i sell it by taking an affidavit from new owner that I sold him on so and so date and it would be his resposibility after this. I can get it on a stamp paper? would this work as legal document?

JAGDISH GUPTA (PARTNER)     05 August 2013

A delivery note is meant for this purpose;

whether you sell it for consideration or allow anybody to use it under your consent, A delivery note will protect your skin if it is found involved in legal complications. It should be borne in your mind that the bike should always be insured and that insurance will always be issued in your name;

A delivery note is made out on plain paper or on pre-printed form which contains the details of both the persons and date of delivery of vehicle.

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     05 August 2013

NoC is necessary.

Mohit Jaat   15 July 2021

But what if i sell my bike to the agancy and i do have sell letter??

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register