LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ramakant (hod)     22 June 2014

Self acquired

if a father makes relinquishment deed of ancestral agricultural land towards one of the seven sons...so will the land become self acquired property of the single son...?

Learning

5 Replies

satish bhaskar (Litigant)     22 June 2014

It remains ancestral still.

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     22 June 2014

You have not cleared that the share of the ancestral property was in the name of your father, if yes and now he had given it to one of his son by making a relinquishment deed in his favour, had your brother transfered it in his name if yes then he is the sole owner of that property, if the share of ancestral property is not in the name of your father then the property will still remain ancestral .

uttamtibrewal@yahoo.com (Advocate)     22 June 2014

dear client... NO it will still be ancestral property ...

Subash M R (Advocate)     22 June 2014

Only father's share(undivided)would be self acquired property in the hands of the son to whom father relinquishes the property. On the other hands, all the six sons had already relinquished their shares in the property in favour of father who in turn relinquishes the whole property to the single son who could enjoy it as self acquired property. Thanking you,

M.S.Seshadri (Retd.Officer)     25 June 2014

I have a flat jointly owned by me and my son. I want to relinquish my rights in his favour. What procedure to be followed? Is gift deed is OK?. Pl enlighten me. Seshadri.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register