LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Damayanti (Unemployed)     24 February 2011

selection of judges?

Is there age bar (lower and upper, what's the retirement age) in selection of judges?

Now a day, what's the starting salary of lowest hierarchy judge?

Please bear with my questions, as I am completely unaware of it....thanks

How the Hon Judges are selected?

I reckon there are are very few posts available in each and every and state and unionterritories.

Initially I was told that one can study and acquire LLB degree but can't practice as a lawyer in court, but one may use that qualification in other fields e.g. law consulatancy firms

Now I am told that age bar is also made for enrolling to LLB couse also!!

Is it true??

Somewhere I read, that to qualify to become a judge ...one needs to do legal practice for 7 years in HC.

What is the definition of legal practice?

is there  any objective (quantitative)criteria:-  e.g. number of cases handled, no of man days spent in court proceedings, amount of participation in district/state bar council programmes, types of cases/courts attended as an attorney (and not just sitting out there!) of any clients.

Were All these judges in JMFC, LD/SS, civil courts, tribunals, small cause courts etc etc  practicing lawyers for 7 years in HC of their state?

What is the selection process, Age Bar, Qualificatiom, Selection board(UPSC like? ) who selects/nominates the judges, promotes the judges  etc etc?

Please post information on this...thanks

Learning

1 Replies

Tarun Dhingra (Advocate)     13 March 2011

FIRST OF ALL YOU SHOULD  CORRECT THOSE THINGS  WHICH HAVE BEEN TOLD TO YOU . I DONT KNOW WHO HAS TOLD YOU . ]

1---> YOU NEED TO PASS LL.B. AFTER LL.B. DEGREE YOU WILL HAVE TO GET ENROLLED YOURSELF WITH CONCERNED STATE BAR COUNCIL IN WHICH YOU WANT TO PRACTICE .OK.

THEN YOU ARE AN ADVOCATE  NOW YOU CAN PRACTICE LAW IN  YOUR DISTRICE AND SESSION COURT OR HIGH COURT .

2----> THERE  WAS NO AGE LIMIT FOR ADMISSION IN L.B. COURSE . BUT RECENTLY ANY AMENDMEND HAS BEEN DONE AND AGE HAS BEEN FIXEX TO 30 YEARS(PLS CONFIRM IT I M NOT CONFIDENT ON THIS POINT BUT I HAD HEARED ON THIS )

3SELECTION OF JUDGES . THERE ARE TWO TYPE OF JUDGES  SELECTION 

LOWER JUDICIARY (CIVIL JUDGE ENTRY LEVEL) ----QUALIFICATION -ONLY LL.B. DEGREE AND MUST HAVE ENROLLED AS AN                                                                                              ADVOCATE 

SALARY -BETWEEN 40000 TO 45000 DEPENDING UPON STATE 

WHO RECRUIT ---HIGH COURT AND CONCERNED STATE PUBLIC SERVICE                                                                                          COMMISSION 

HIGHER  JUDICIARY (ADDITIONAL DISTRICT AND SESSIONS JUDGE )--

-QUALIFICATION------LL.B. DEGREE +7 YERAS EXPERINCE AS AN                                                                                                                     PRACING ADVOCATE  

SALARY---65000TO 75000 APX  

WHO RECRUIT--25%  SELECTION IS DONE BY HOLDING AN EXAM                                                                                                            CONDUCTED BY CONCERNED HIGH COURT  

75%SELECTION FROM LOWER JUDICARY BY WAY                                                                                                      OF PROMOTION 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register