Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Lord (Consultant)     28 August 2014

Seeking injunction...process clarification

Dear all, I am a harrassed sister in the hands of my elder brother fo last 20 years. He is married and well settled. I am single and have none to take care of me. My father's house in India is the bone of contention. We are 3 legal heirs: mother, brother and myself. 

Issue: I am seeking separate exit entrance for respectful and peaceful existence:

If property (first floor mine, ground floor his as per current possession) gets amicably partitioned by negotiated partition deed, which brother may agree to do but is throwing tons of detrimental factors all to his advantage and is also harassing and not cooperating with my elderly mother to address this need of mine. 

1. He is not letting me create separate exit entrance at the front, nor is he cooperating even if civil engineer checks it out and says it can be done without structural damage, someone has to oversee the process. I live abroad now all by myself as I am not able to stay there or even go there due to never ending mental torture on me by brother and his wife and because they are not making the needed alterations. the front exit entrance is being used by all. They call it "common space". 

2. There is already a paved separate exit entrance cum garden space at the back which needs some renovations and cleaning up. But he is adamantly refusing to use that as their exit entrance with tons of excuses that it has snakes, frogs and what not (although the bedroom I use at the first floor had snakes there too!!!) - that pathway directly leads into their area which they are possessing for a long time, at the ground floor while me and my mother live upstairs for which the front exit entrance is being used as that is the ONLY way(without having to go through their possessed space through the back door).  

3. With #2, he has plans to make a room there at the back garden area (which is also technically a "common space" only) sometime in future, although but not doing it now, because then they will be able to easily use the back portion for their exit entrance, i would have no objection if they did this proactively rather than throwing it in the dark. this would have also not damaged the structure or anything in the house and would have been a great deal for him as well as for me. 

Because of all the above reasons and for such obstacles and hardships he is giving me, I want to make sure he cannot construct that room in the back common garden space, unless he does it proactively and finishes the task within next 2-4 months , and stops using the front exit entrance. He already is in possession of much more than 1/3rd of entire property downstairs with all these areas and rooms and what not.

Please advice:

  1. if I can file just an injunction suit and what should be the prayers there
  2. shall it be granted by court without much hassle - i heard injunction is only granted when there are

              structural damage possibilities.

        3. If a partial partition deed is obtained and if it gets registered, therafter, can I still file a partition suit wit that document, now demanding COMPLETE partition which means separate exit entrance for peaceful possession and enjoyment of my property?


Kindly help and guide me as best as possible!

Let me know if you have any questions on order to advice.

Thanks & Regards

Ms Faith.

 5 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     28 August 2014

You can give complaint to the municipality. If they do not take action then file a required suit in the courts.

Lord (Consultant)     28 August 2014

Thanks Mr Ramchary. Since I am a novice, pls tell me the steps how to complaint to MC.

and then what is the name of the suit one can file for such nuances?


Lord (Consultant)     28 August 2014

Dear Advocate Mr Ramachary, also I am not clear on my 3 questions above in the original posting. Will be very grateful if you kindly clarify those 3 separately..

I am quite helplessly suffering as i am struggling abroad now for sometime and I have no family/relatives support  due to severe gender discrimantion.

Lord (Consultant)     28 August 2014

Another question for all...if he takes permission from MC but does not inform me before starting the construction, then what is the best way to take action against this construction still?

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     31 August 2014

No more reply to this umpteenth time repeated question.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query