LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Engineer Jack (Engineer)     19 January 2014

Seeking divorce in delhi


Hello everyone,

I am pursuing my divorce past 5 years in Delhi family court and my cross -questing is not yet done till date. In fact, past 1 and half year, nothing has happened and I am just wasting my time visiting Delhi. My estranged wife is a vindictive and paranoid woman, who do not want to settle the issue amicably.Could anyone suggest me what shall I do to expedite my divorce process, which is going on in a snail speed and appears to be never ending. We are separated for past 5 years and it’s just going on and on.

Kindly advice, how do I proceed in my case and I am thinking of addressing this issue to the grievances officer.

Plz advice.

Many thanks,

Jack (email: engg810@gmail.com)




 5 Replies

rising up again (FFF)     19 January 2014

change ur lawyer..!! a good one will advice many options.............

lawagaintmen (xyz)     19 January 2014

Dude divorce take lot of time. Till the time party dont settle the matter a wife can drag it as much even if you change the lawyer she can kill you many more year stating mediation or consel

ANAMIKA VICHARE (LAWYER)     19 January 2014

Change yr lawyer if he is not taking steps on time or file writ petition for expediting the matter

in the High Court


Anamika Vichare

Purush Hakk Saurakshan Samittee


Manish Udar (www.Mehnat.IN)     19 January 2014

There are many reasons for slow speed of divorce in India, and because of these obstacles divorce cannot be obtained very fast or even easily by Hindu petitioners.

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     20 January 2014

Dear Querist

no need to worry about it, you should file an application before family court in which the matter is pending u/s 21B of Hindu Marriage act for speedy trial if the court dismissed your application then file a writ before HC and get direction from HC for speedy trial.

Feel Free to Call

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register