Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Syed (SSE)     26 December 2011

Security deposit

Hi,

I have been living in a rented apartment in bangalore for last 4 years and has given a security deposit of 80000. As per our agreement I was suppose to get my money back at the time of leaving. Two months back my landlord asked me to increase the rent by 2000 rupees [idelly it should be 5% as per the agreement] or leave the apartment once my agreement expires. I opted for leaving the apartment.Now my rent agreement is expiring this month and i will be leaving the apartment on 31st dec but so for nothing has been paid. They are saying that they can not pay as they have not got another tenent but as per my agreement there is no such condition. However  I asked them to pay at least post dated cheque which they are saying they will pay but i am not sure if even that will happen and even if i get it i am not sure that it will not bounce.

I am also being harassased in the mean time, my landlord received the letter but didnt handed over to me and after much delay finally said that they have lost it. thorugh neighbours i have come to know that they always do such things when tenents are leaving.

I have all the rent agreements and receipts with me, Kindly let me know what step can I take or should i take. If any one can suggest a good lawyer in Bangalore it will be very helpful.

Looking forward to a quick reply.

Thanks,

Syed

Learning

2 Replies

Syed (SSE)     26 December 2011

Just to add little more information. They are asking for 10k as painting charges and 5k for some other expanse besides electricity and water and I have already agreed to it. I am expecting to get at least 65 k back.

Thanks

Syed

ABHIJEET PARIKH (Bcom LLB MBA)     26 December 2011

Dear Syed 

DONOT VACATE FLAT UNTIL ur Security deposit are PAID and not ask for PDs It d look out of d Landlord to find the tenant till then clause of ur agreement shall ie 5% increase in rent will be applicable

Also 1 morething Landlord generally pay security deposit at the time of handing over vacant possession of the flat and not b4 that

regards Abhijeet

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register