Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shweta Kattimani   21 October 2020

Security Deposit


I am currently need advice on how to get back my security deposit in full. My landlord has firstly delayed the payment by one month and secondly not paid the amount in full.
Kindly advise.



 3 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     22 October 2020

If the amount is substantial, visit to the landlord with a friend and demand for refund of such deposit, use such recording devise if any to record the conversation, wait up to the due date and issue a notice demanding for such payment within one month.  If all normal efforts fail, calculate cost benefit analysis and then entrust this to advocate.

Adv Vinay Mathur + 8447131770 (Advocate)     22 October 2020

You give him a notice through speed post or through advocate for refund of money. if it doesn't work then go to court and file a Summary Suit

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     23 October 2020

Where is the tenanted premises, how much is the amount of security involved and what is the plea taken by landlord for non-refund in full ?

Amicable settlement may be preferred.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query