Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

virat (C.E.O)     25 July 2013

Security cheques bounced.

sir i had gave 2 blank cheques for sucurty pupuse wille aggrement, he took a contract work, after some days he stoped the work and told to give some money to start work but we not aggred to give money, without our notice he only wrote amounts and date in the cheques cheque and submitted it was bounced, after that he send notice under NI act. in that notice he tells by the mediator stelled the amounts and u told to subbmit the cheques so we subitted. acutally we not meet him personaly past 6 months. so pleas give suggestions.





 5 Replies

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     25 July 2013

giving blank cheque itself is a mistake of yours, even before work is completed it was given withyour consent,you have to prove in the court that he hasn"t completed the work entrusted, with much difficulty, and you do have chance to succed based on certain technicalities.

virat (C.E.O)     25 July 2013

sir that cheques had given for security perpose by before completing the work wile aggrement of work  which FSD and other  amounts will be in our name so we had gave blank cheques. .

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     25 July 2013

You have no option but to contest the cheque bounce case,  prove in trial that questioned cheques were not issued towards any debt or liability and were given blank for the purpose of security  and the complainant misused the blank  cheques.

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     26 July 2013

you have to contest the case on its merit


1) Law is simple, it your cheque , from your account , bounced and you did not pay even after notice so law presumes your guilt.


2) You should engage a good advocate who has contested such cases than you can win.


3) Do not get confued with security cheuqe since you have to prove it.


There may be mistakes in bank slips, notice and other documents which will help you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads