LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anand (aaa)     17 October 2014

Secure my money from my wife who is threatening me


My wife went to her parents home for delivery of our child and since then has refused to speak to me and her father threatens me that they will proceed and file a case against me. They also threaten my family - parents and brothers , sisters and say that will lodge a complaint against all of them.

They are not coming to speak to us after several attempts. I would like your help to secure my hard earned money from her and her family. I suspect they will put a case and deprive me of my child and also my money.

Please give me the best possible way to secure my money, my house from her in the event of case which may lead to divorce.

Not only they have planned to ruin my life, part with my new born child but also my money which I feel is unjust. Only GOD knows that nothing has happened between us.

Please guide me as I want to secure my money before they file a case.






 4 Replies


You should have waited for some more time to actually see the real colours of your wife and her parents, you jumped the gun and produced a baby, which will now suffer due to decisions taken by you both,  You should have waited for some time !

Well, your wife cannot take away your money and your house.  Its not that easy, but if you are opting for divorce [mcd] mutual consent divorce which will be over in 6 months time, you will have to pay huge amount as settlement to your wife, then you will lose your money, but will save lot of time and energy.

As regards the child, it will be with the mother uptil 7 years of age, but you can now file both custody and visitation rights case on wife, custody you wont get, but you will get visitation rights if pursued through competent lawyer.

If wife does not agree for MCD, then its happy roaming to court, for next 7-8 years.  

You will also have to pay money to wife and kid as alimony [1/3rd of take home income] if wife has no source of income, but if she is competent as you, then no maintenance [depending on how your advocate put the case before judge].  

Hire services of cheap and best competent lawyer as soon as possible.

Bal Mukund Shah(9826310378) (Advocate)     17 October 2014

first you give applicatin for restitution of marrage sec.9 hindu marrage act find decree then you are fail after you give your divorce pittition in comptant court

Anand (aaa)     17 October 2014

Thanks for your reply but we are still trying to ask them to come for a dialogue to avoid all this embarrassment . But I cant take any risk.

In the event they go for filing a case against me I want to secure my money before they actually file a case.

Can I give my money which is in the form of savings as a Gift to my brother or his children etc.. so that it cannot be claimed as my assets. Please tell me the best way to save my money.



Dvc498avictim (Otherd)     20 October 2014

If you have good savings in your bank account make it all Fixed deposits in parts in your parents name and put nominee as your name. Also open the locker in bank  and put all the valuable items in it inc fixed deposits receipts..Good Luck..!!!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query