LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Petitioner   09 October 2021

Section 9 petition vs divorce petition

Hi , 

since the situation is getting worse, and we can't sustain anything further. Can we file for the divorce while the court reviews the section 9 petition? 


 3 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Lawyer)     09 October 2021

Vague and confusing query, be clear and specific.

P. Venu (Advocate)     09 October 2021

You have not posted the material facts.

minakshi bindhani   23 November 2021

As per your query concerned!

The petition under section 9 of the Hindu Marriage Act has been filed by you, you can move an application under Order 6 Rule 17read with section 151 of CPC seeking amendment in the plaint with consequential relief to the effect that the relief for divorce under section 13of the Act be permitted to be substituted in place of the relief for restitution of conjugal rights under the section 9 of the Act, because of the situation that has occurred.

I am provided you link for better insight.

Hope it is understandable!
Minakshi Bindhani

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query