LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

21st official   21 May 2019

section 498 a and 496

Hi everyone , I would like to know about these sections in detail .
actually my sister is facing problem from husband side since 2014 , they mentally torture , beat her and trying to manipulate all.
but due to respect my father forgive them every time. so I want to understand what are rights will help for my sister. she has two girl children .this is also one reason of torturing.
hope you will provide good guidance .


 4 Replies

21st official   21 May 2019

section 498 a and 406

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     21 May 2019

If your sister is physically beaten and injured by the husband and other family members, let her get medically examined in some good hospital preferably government hospital and Medico Legal Case registrated against them. The hospital authority will contact the local police station and get the criminal complaint under section 498a, 406 IPC registrated.

21st official   21 May 2019

sir , can you tell me about dowry case power after 7 years of marriage ?

21st official   21 May 2019

what will be the procedure for this ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query