LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

venkatesh (owner)     09 February 2010

section 498 (a) 306

My spouse committed suicide after 4 months of marriage. It was troubled times where she was adament and attempted suicide twice from my house. I couldnt risk and called a relative of her who claimed responsibility for her at the time of marriage and handed over her to him. The day next she committed suicide at her house and died. Their parents have given a case against me under section 498 (a) 306. What are the consequences of this case and how should I deal with this?


 6 Replies

RAJENDRAN K.M. 09443050520 (Advocate)     09 February 2010

Your case is desided Rdo report and witness evidence.

A Truthseeker ( A retired Indian citizen)     09 February 2010

498A is applicable only if there is allegation of cruelty, 306 is alleged when you have abetted the commission of suicide, 498A and 306 are charged if you commit abetment of suicide by treating your wife cruelly. as your wife had a tendency to commit suicide she may be suffering from mental abnormalities so your chance of getting found guily is less. better consult a lawyer practising in criminal side.

Ravikant Soni (LAWYER IN JAIPUR)     13 March 2010

It is better for you to consult a criminal lawyer. you didn't mentioned the factual position of your case. What are the allegations made in FIR against your. Did they mentioned any demand of dowery in their report?? please mail a copy of Fir. than any opinion can be given.

Gundlapallis (Advocate)     14 March 2010

Charges levelled against you are serious in nature.  Without full information no suggestion can be given in this case.  Consult a lawyer personally and take his advice. 

Ravikant Soni (LAWYER IN JAIPUR)     11 June 2010

But if your living to gather partner is not married then nothing to worry about Criminal liability. 

Ravikant Soni (LAWYER IN JAIPUR)     12 June 2010


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register