LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kavya vashist (Housewife)     08 November 2013

Section 324,504 on wife by husband

A friend of mine has being alleged by her husband with section 324 & 504. Its a 2.5yrs marriage of hers with a 1.8yrs daughter. Now my query is the husband has left her and the child for the girl's parents to look after from the past one month and till the time the case goes to  a settlement phase can the wife file a case of monetary help from the husband which seems to be a minimum six month procedure.

 2 Replies

laxmi kant joshi (instructor)     08 November 2013

What type of settlement are going on ? for mutual consent divorce or something else pl. specify it ,2. when this incident occured and in what circumstance, 3. is she mentally fit or suffering from any disorder ? 4. how severe she hurt to her husband and which sharp weapon she used to hurt him and from where she got the weapon , was It pre planed intention to hurt him or all of a sudden without any planning she did it ?5. what type of monetry help she need ? Pl. Clear it

Kavya vashist (Housewife)     08 November 2013

This was a regular matrimonial dispute, which got heightened when the guy started demanding more money from the wife. The lady was boiling bottle for the baby .Then the guy started physically abusing she retaliated due to which hot water got spilled over on guy and he's claiming it to be a 10% burn case.The other section 504 is put over on by police i guess to built in gravity to the matter. The incident happened at night and the guy went on bike for the treatment, then he comes in d morning to pick up the clothes in d absence of his wife.She just saw him going. After that the guy is not maintaining any contact with his wife and child. 10 days after the incident police came to take the lady for inquiry. Now the matter has gone to court and chargesheet is about to come from the guys side.I am specifying this becoz if he was so wounded how can he travel on bike to various places and to office also. The lady's family had given huge amount as dowry.After her delivery some complications happened due to which she cannot have a second child. After this the guy & his family wanted to get rid of her of course not through legal process(complications involved then). Now because of this new development the guy and his family are seeing it as a golden opportunity to get rid of the lady and the child is what we are speculating. The lawyer from the lady's side has advised to talk and settle it as a matrimonial dispute from the guys side. But till now no development has happened from the guy's side and so he has done it before also that he has left the lady and the child to her parents for ten months with no contacts. So my query was that if he opts to live separate which seems to be the most possible outcome of this incident and then may be opt for MCD after killing some time and getting rid of her and the child without bearing any monetary liability, then what should be the lady's step to live her life ahead.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query