Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

c. shah... (Service)     14 June 2013

Section 14 in hindu marriage act

A Contested divorce petition u/s.13(1)(ia) was entered before one year completion of marriage. Now, An application has entered by parties for granting order to convert the petition from contested divorce u/s.13(1)(ia) to mutual consent divorce u/s.13b in family court after two years completed of marriage.My question is; in this case,Does Section 14 of the Hindu Marriage Act (No petition for divorce to be presented within one year of marriage) applicable as granting order to convert the petition from Sec.13(1)(ia) to Sec.13B is still pending by Court? Note: here, the court had entertained the petition u/s.13(1)(ia) without any leave and exceptional hardship. 


 1 Replies


For mutual consent petition one year separation period is reqd betw en the paties

and after filing 6 months so hopefully the period is covered





Anamika Vichare

Advocate, High Court

Purush Hakka Saurankshan Samittee

Family Court, Bandra, Mumbai


btn 7.30pm-9.30pm Monday-FRiday


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query