Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

raju kumar rana (self)     17 May 2015

Section 138

i want to know that  my cheque book was lost and i had given a letter to bank regarding lost of my cheque book and bank has stopped all the cheque in letter to bank i had given that the cheque book which is lost has also some signed cheque . after one year some body has presented cheque to bank and filled a case under section 138 for discharge of payment what should i do now .i think he has got the cheque and he is saying i will bounce more cheques unless you will not give money .what should i do to stop all this nonsence what he is doing


 3 Replies

Hardeep (Business)     18 May 2015

So what you are saying is that you had signed Cheques in the cheque book which are now being presented to bank.


Your reporting the cheque book loss to the bank / police does not absolve you. A prima facie case under S. 138 does lie.

raju kumar rana (self)     18 May 2015

can i file case of 420 on party  is any way of foresenic to discover that the sign was one year back and the date and amount is filled  recently  what should i do


One year back you had posted deffrent story.


Your story does not have substance and seems to be after though to avoid liability.


Still cheque cases can be won on tchnical defenses and not on such stories.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register