LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

John Lincoln   19 May 2020

Secretly sextaped by hotel and the content is available online

Hello, i have recently come across a video in which i found that the private moments with my partner were visible in a p*rn site.. I recognise the hotel which was responsible for this. Me and my partner both are adult.. What are our options at hand? Please help!


 4 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     19 May 2020

You can initiate civil as well as criminal action.

You can initiate criminal complaint against hotel management for illegal video recording of private space.


Shashi Dhara   20 May 2020

Issue legal notice against them for damages .

Manogya Chava   20 May 2020


You can file a petition on the basis of violation of privacy as well as a cybercrime as the same was posted on the internet without your prior consent in both the recording as well as posting. You may sue for damages and for the video being taken down. If you really wish to investigate you can also file a complaint with the cyber cell in your area. You may refer to Section 66E of the IT Act for additional information. 

Hope this helps!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More