LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shankar   20 January 2021

Secretary not giving noc for bank loan.

I'm the Chairman of the Society and I have sold my flat but the buyer has taken a bank loan to make the payment. I do not have any maintainance due but there is a dispute going on with the Society over conveyance amount and the secretary is asking to give blank cheque only then he'll issue NOC. As, he is saying it was passed in the AGM all 3 committee members will pay equal amount to settle the dispute. Both the secretary and treasurer committed fraud and stole about 2-3 lakhs from society which they still haven't showed the Receipts of, but the Society blamed all 3 of us as I had signed the bills trusting them. What are my options in such case, please answer.

Learning

2 Replies

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     20 January 2021

The secretary of a CHS can not withheld NOC if there are no legitimate pending dues of the society. You may isssue a notice to the secretary endorsing a copy to the Deputy Registrar of CHS of your zone. You can also approach Consumer Grievance Forum.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     21 January 2021

Reconcile the account with CHS, making it clear that they owe nothing against you, especially with alleged defrauded amount. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register