Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

megraj84 (just info)     18 March 2011

secound marriage witout submitted first divorce certificate

respective all lawyers ,

i m in big problame i hope u all give me best advice and hepl me to come out of this problame .

i m female and i did second marriage is court marriage in December 2009 .please note   >>>>>>>>  without submitted my first marriage's divorce paper when i was did second court register marriage . my first marriage was arrange by my family and i got divorce not in court just on stemp paper that preaper by our lawyer on front of my and his family's members and one police officer at police officer's home . that after i did second court register marriage with that person who support me to get first divorce . but after some time i feel i m cheated by that person . please note  again i did not lived with that person ,i did just court marriage and come back at my home same day ,i didnt visite again in court and any register office ,after three day he called me and told on phone our marriage certificate is in his hand,i didnt got any copy from court and also that person.they didnt asking me my first devorce paper during this process ,i dont know law and if this is week point of this marriage then its eassy to get devorce ?if some thing wrogn by my side so what is going on with me  ?i was visited just once time to sing on document and then didnt sing any document and didnt visite court again .what is legal process for court marriage ?if some week point in my case please late me know . my family member dont know about my second marriage ,now i m alone and i want divorce with that person in any condition .

so i want to know this is leagal marriage or not ? because i did not submitted my first marriage's divorce's any document becouse they didnt asking from me and that person know i m devorcee  when i did secound court register marriage .so this is in my benefit ?

please give me best advice and help me out of this problem , thanks

Learning

3 Replies

Arif Iqbal (Advocate)     18 March 2011

The so called second marriage by you is not a valid marriage in the eyes of law as because your first marriage is not yet dissolved according to law. The is no other procedure to get divorce other than applying for divorce before the Court. Solemnisation of second marrigae before divorce from first marriage amounts to serious criminal offence of bigamy punishable with imprisonment.

My advice to you is that  you should immediately inform the matter to the Marriage officer of your second marriage and apply for immediate cancellation of the Marriage Certificate, if any. Otherwise you may end up visiting the jail for bigamy.

megraj84 (just info)     19 March 2011

respecive sir ,

when i did second marriage that time his lowyer filled all form and they know i m allredy devorcee ,but they didnt asking for devorce paper and also i have no any idea about it .can i m also blam on his lawyer in court ,if possibale how can do that ? i was just sing on marriage form thats it .i didnt read any document .they was in hurry and just said to sing on documents.they know werry vell i m devorcee but now what can i do ? also my family members dont know i did second marriage.

can u please explane for me that what is bigamy. i dont know meaning of that and what will be happen with me .how can i prove they cheated me ? please give me good advice .

Arif Iqbal (Advocate)     19 March 2011

Bigamy means marrying again during the lifetime of husband or wife, as defined under section 494 IPC. Its an offence punishable with imprisonment upto 7 yrs and also with fine. As per the story described by you, I believe you presumed yourself to be divorced at the time of 2nd marriage. As per the descripttion of the process of your so called divorce , I think it is not a divorce at all as per law. This implies that you are still married with your first husband. As such you should immediately inform your marriage officer about the same and ask him to cancel your 2nd marriage. Moreover you should apply for a divorce before the District Court,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register