Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shashi Dewan   12 June 2020

Secondary evidence

How to prove a document of which I have the photocopy whereas the opposite party has the original and is denying the knowledge of the existence of the same

 3 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     13 June 2020

It depends on the nature of such a document.  Inform bare minimum details and the advice offered by the advocate that is handling the case.

A competent advocate can cross-examine the OP and can get his acceptance to the contents, if there is some support for the contents or link to witnesses.

P. Venu (Advocate)     13 June 2020

You amy get orders from the court for production of the original document by the opposite party.

Dr J C Vashista (Lawyer)     13 June 2020

Request your lawyer (if you are a party) to issue notice  under Order XII Rule 8 of the Code of Civil Procedure, 1908 to the opposite party who is in power and possession of original document for its production in the Court.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query