LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kay blue (kayblue)     04 May 2013

Second motion problem

I had divorce settled in october

my second motion was due in april. the girl took half money in first motion and rest was due in second.

she denied in second to sign saying to me she wants triple more and pretending in court to save family.


just before, second montion, her father lodged an FIR that i am threatening him for share in his property. he also filed a permanenet injuction suit and domestic voilence suit.


please tell me what choices i have or how to get divorce now and how much time it will take


 4 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     04 May 2013

Where the motions are conducted?

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/     04 May 2013

Dear Querist

you have to file a criminal case against them for extortion.

if she is not ready to go for mutual then the contested divorce case will be very lengthy 

Goutam Prasad (Advocate)     04 May 2013

You can file suit for contested divorce for having divorce. Exact time frame for the same can be suggested only after going through the complete incidence and documents.

For trying to mutal divorce second motion, there needs some pressuring measures like file counter cases against her.

Please find advocate of your choice to help you out.


Goutam Prasad


Supreme Court of India


Mob: 9810753838

manu (manager)     23 July 2013


please advice

I have filed for mutual consent divorce and all the settlement was done; it was done that 7 months are passed, i m looking for second motion, but now the girl's family is delaying. the girl is in abroad and has no intention to come to india soon and has given power of attorney to her mother , but they are not cooperatin for second motion, I dont know what is on their mind...but they are wasting i want to get over this torture.

what options do i have....

all the terms n conditions and settlements are finalised in the first motion but i dont know whats on their mind...the girl's family is a shameless family and have tried to extract money from us in the past but because the girl didnt come back to india ....they could nt do much

please advice how can i get divorce asap


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads