LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


Second motion

I am gong through an MCD and the second motion is due in the first week of August this year. I might have to travel for 2-3 months starting June/July. I want to know what will happen if I am not there in India for the second motion, do I need to inform the court before hand or will the date automatically be extended.


 6 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     12 May 2013

Instruct your lawyer to adjourn the matter on that day and take a next date which is suitable to you for the second motion.

bhanuvkk (xxx)     12 May 2013

i read somewhere in this forum that you can have a power-of-attorney person for you or can also request for a video conference ....

am not a lawyer or law-student - as i just read in this forum!

So maybe a professional can tell more on this, if these options are possible or not.


Thanks for the suggestion Archana. Is there a possibility if I can give a POA to my father and he can be presnt on my behalf. 


Bhanuvkk, will look into this option. Thanks for the suggestion

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     12 May 2013

Spl. POA can be given to your father for second motion, giving proper reasons for your inability to remain present. Otherwise matter can be adjourned to the next date so that you can personally remain present.

HK_Jain... (498a Fighter)     12 May 2013

In Delhi, I have met the people who have got the Divorce u/s 13 b on POA



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register