Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sanjana   03 February 2016

Second marriage without first one divorced

Hi Respected Lawyers,

Need a reply from you all. I got married in 1997 to a Srivastava boy...the marriage was goin well till 2008 but due to some problems in family his attitude changed and he fell in love with another girl and ran away with him, but due to family pressures and relatives he was brought back. But again due to his habit or nature he again ran away with another girl in 2008 and was not known about his whereabouts till a year. Due to mental agony I filed a ex party divorce in 2009 and was granted. Suddenly the following year he appeared with the same girl and with a child born, but till date they have not been legally married. We tooo have a child who is now 17 years old.

My question to the respected lawyers here is can I still file a case for cheating against him? or his illegal second wife? It's not about money but can I still claim any rights? Or I need to leave it at that or my son has any rights that he can claim once he is 18+.

Would appreciate genuine answers.




 2 Replies

jagannath magar   03 February 2016

You can claim maintenance under sec.125 of crpc. Or sec 18 of maintenance and guardian act or sec 25 of Hindu marriage Act. Also your son has rights by birth in ancestral property of your husband.for legal action against your husband discuss with ur lawyer or call on 9405847864

Sanjana   05 February 2016

Thanks Sir. Will surely get in touch if the need be.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads