LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jasninder kaur   17 April 2016

Second marriage without divorce

Hi My concern is related to my friend. He got married to a girl in 2012 in a court marriage without the knowledge of their parents & were living seperatly at there respective homes. In 2013 that girl ran with some other person without divorce. Now my friend is getting married to some other girl but he has not got divorce from his first wife. Would there be any prob. in this marriage.

Learning

16 Replies

A walk alone (-)     17 April 2016

Legally divorce is necessary before second marriage. First wife can file a case on him and he can be send to jail . Without divorce second marriage will be void or null . It will be not legal.

antony JP (teacher)     17 April 2016

The first marriage is valid.you must talk with her and go for MCD.

sagar jadhav (employee)     17 April 2016

if first wife give conent then he can remarry

first wife is not in the contact

Parents of my friend are aware of his 1st marraige still they are getting him married to some other girl & she is not aware about his past.

thedon (owner)     17 April 2016

he can prove first wife done bigamy

take legal divorce and clear himself

will this marriage be concerned at legal marriage without the divorce from 1st wife

bhagwan (owner)     17 April 2016

Sir, pls let me know which is legal Divorece.

a.Some advocates saying divorece on stamp paper and noteraised is legally.

b. Some advocates are saying court divorece legal...

and at last due to this confusions some clients are suffering.

Pls advise. Thanks

A walk alone (-)     17 April 2016

No if he married without divorce its illegal. It might creates problem in future. It will be a void marriage. If second girl family will come to know after marriage they may file fraud case and void or null marriage case on him. First wife if comes to know she can file bigamy on him.

Jasninder kaur   18 April 2016

arrange marraiges also need to get registered in court so while registratin does it can come out that this person is already married

ANAMIKA VICHARE (LAWYER)     18 April 2016

Yes in any cae , your friend has tofile fordivorce on the ground of Nullity non consummationa nd deserton.   By any cahnce taht girl comes back calims her hsusband and finding himmarried, he is liabl for biagmy, wahtever taht wife amy do anything, your friend attract bigamy for which 10 yers imprisonment

ANAMIKA VICHARE (LAWYER)     18 April 2016

Yes in any cae , your friend has tofile fordivorce on the ground of Nullity non consummationa nd deserton.   By any cahnce taht girl comes back calims her hsusband and finding himmarried, he is liabl for biagmy, wahtever taht wife amy do anything, your friend attract bigamy for which 10 yers imprisonment

Jasninder kaur   18 April 2016

Right now we are concerned abt the second wife whom he will be getting married. at the time of second marrige registration can she get to know abt the first marrige that he is already married

A walk alone (-)     18 April 2016

Yes she will know this after marriage because this is difficult for husband to hide. Marriage matters never hide. One day second wife will definitely come to know this. If after marriage first wife bigamy then second wife will know this. I dnt understand why husband dnt want to tell about first marriage.Remember one marriage relationship work on trust. Trust is foundation of any relationship. How will second marriage can register without first divorce

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register