LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Second marriage with out divorce

Page no : 2


I agree with Rajan Salve,Kindly try to disclose the entire matter before you enter the marriage, To the family members of the proposed marrage, so that you could avoid the future complication, Since the marriage held is to be treated as void ab initio you need not worry.Still if the person tries to blackmail you by showing the photographs you can lodge police complaint.

Adv. Anand Khuteta (Advocate)     04 February 2010

This is essential to know right now, that wat is present condition, bcoz ur ques is 7 months old.. if the situation is same as it is,, I would like to tell that u can marry without divorce on the basis above mentioned by all honours frndz, but if u want to avoid yourself from harrasment after your new marriage, U have to declare your marriage void in Court of jurisdiction, bcoz, as per your ques, first person married you forcefully and marriage done by force is voidable under laws. Further, you shown this matter after a long period of ur first marriage, so this is also ques matter of limitation for suit against first person, in this subject you can take advice from specialist of the matter, lastly, please dont take any decision without physically consult with specialist in matter and your ageds.

mylove1278 (jjgjgjg)     08 September 2010

Hi Experts,
I have a question.. n would you expect your opinions......
I have a case in which Girl first with her consent has done the marriage with boy in arya samaj mandir and they have the certificates,Snap with purohit and witness.. Marriage happen 1.5 years back.. and then onward boy have all the phone details which boy have talked with the Girl..Since last Month..

Now when girl has disclosed this in her family ( not the certificate,just she want to marry that boy) family has put her in emotional pressure.Her father is saying he will die but wont accept this marriage.

Now in this situation if girl says she was been forced to do arya samaj marriage (actually it wasn't).So at what extent she can justify her points..and innocent boy will be great trouble if she says like that due to emotinal can boy be prevented ?

Would court annul marriage or Does divorce required in this case ?..

means how strong a boy is ? they haven't consuumated the marriage.
and If divorce is mandatory So how long it gonna take if its without mutual consent ?Because Boy will not agree for divorce and what are the grounds left for divorce in the above situation ?(Cruelty or dessertion).

Need reply on this .. m really upset...


Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     11 September 2010


Hellow Ms. Kalpana & Mr  my love 1278,


Both of your case same.

It seems to me that you are they said Husband and wife.

I hope it must not be.

I am going to give you a reply which will be posted within few hours by me.

Please wait and watch.

1 Like

mylove1278 (jjgjgjg)     12 September 2010

Sir waiting for you advice ...

mylove1278 (jjgjgjg)     12 September 2010

we are not the said husband and wife .. i am in delhi and she belomgs to Bnglore...and My case is different from her in the way that i have the arya samaj cerfificate with marriage but she ahd done marriage in temple and they just have the snap... So i feel i am legally strong....Sir hope you would got my point...Please do reply me..

Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Advocacy)     12 September 2010

ji haan miya bibi raaji to....................................

Asgher Mahdi (Advocate & Legal Advisor)     30 December 2010

Performed marriage is valid.consequent to it second marriage as per hindu law attracts adultrous act.B carefull.

Best remedy is mutual seperation then for the second wedding. Filing of case, a long process.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads