LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Haider Saiyad (2nd marriage )     28 March 2012

Second marriage with different citizens withou divorce

I am Muslim, 32 years old. I am married has one daughter 4 years old. I am at present staying in Sultanate of Oman,(muscat) Batina Region, Sohar city. I have valid working Visa Foreign Employeeas my own business since 2008 till today.
And  my fiancé is Indonesian nationality, she is muslim, single ( 28 years old) and also she had been working 4 years in Sultanate of Oman. We known each other, fallen love and had understanding each other and decided to marry in her country Indonesia. We informed our family and they are supporting us to marriage inshallah after ramdhan
I am Muslim and I know the rules and laws of Islam how to manage two wives and can stay together and provide them food, accommodation, cloths on spending time (night) n expenses equally and I already get permission from my first wife and all her relatives, that they doesn't have any objection for me to do second marriage.
My reason to do second marriage is my personal feelings that my first wife can't complete my feelings, She can't understand me..
I have accepting all the Islamic laws and We are planning to do wedding ceremony in my fiancé country, Indonesia. I would like to ask following questions to clarify the procedure our wedding in Indonesia;
1. What VISA should I prepare to go visit to Indonesia for 1 or 3 month? And how to get VISA.
2. What is rule in Indonesia, for Indian nationality in case second marriage to single Indonesian citizen, allowed or not allowed to register at Indonesia Government.
3. What is the document should I prepare and I need before I go to Indonesia to process our wedding ceremony.
4. How the procedure of wedding ceremony in Indonesia
5. What are important addresses of the offices should I visit to fulfill the paper work in Indonesia.

Learning

4 Replies

Surekha (Secretary)     28 March 2012

Can a male get converted to muslim, will this help him for second marriage without divorceing the first HIndu wife? ( Hindu wife was a cheat and is not read to divorce and she is separate from last three years.

VIRAJ KADAM (Advocate Supreme Court of India)     29 March 2012

Dear Friend,

I would advise you not get married in Indonesia. The laws in Indonesia are very strict and stringent. Do not invite trouble. If at all you wish to marry, marry in India.  

Regards

VIRAJ KADAM

Advocate,

Supreme Court of India

sridhar pasumarthy (ADVOCATE)     29 March 2012

Dear Surekha,

conversion of religion for the purpose of marriage is not allowed.

Sarala Mudgal case is the landmark judgment on this aspect.  Go through it.

Haider Saiyad (2nd marriage )     29 March 2012

Dear VIRAJ, Thank you very much for your reply and I really appreciate your kind information and advice.. I planned already but i will think twice to get marry there.. Thank you very much.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register