Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Second marriage registration

Page no : 2

Heartbroken (T)     16 November 2012

Originally posted by : desertedhusband

After divorce, is it necessary to inform the marriage registrar office about new marital status? 

Like registration of marriage, is there anything like unregistration of it also? looks a funny query, but just in case...

Yes, the question looks a funny one.Never heard anyone to 'unregister' marriage.I am just a layman so forgive my ignorance.In the divorce decree it is written that the earlier marriage solemnized between the parties is hereby dissolved and the marriage certificate issued under section...will cease to take its effect and henceforth will be treated as invalid in the eye of law.I paraphrased it to layman's language as much I can.I think it is enough for 'unregistration'.If anyone shows the marriage certificate of that earlier marriage then he is breaking law and can be prosecuted....That's my 2pence.

Now,can I,myself add a funny question? At the time of 2nd marriage registration is it necessary to get the documents attested by a gazetted officer or self attestation is enough?I ask this because all the gazetted officers I have seen generally don't want to do attestation if it is a court paper and ofcourse, 2nd marriage registration requires decree of divorce.

V R SHROFF (Sr. ADVOCATE Bombay High Court Mob: 9892432152)     19 November 2012

At the time of second marriage registration Is it compulsory to show the previous marriage status (divorced) status in the registration form 

Ans: The prescribed Form ask ur status. 

It is compulsory and also a very necessary fact. 

Chetan Joshi (Advisory/Advocacy)     19 November 2012

Go with the Mr. Kapoor's advise....

Regards

Chetan.7679(at)gmail(dot)com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register