LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Janaki (House Wife)     16 May 2013

Second marriage

one of my friend got love marriage in 2007. till today her inlaws not accepted her. her husband use her whenever he wants. and he living with her for past six months without informing to his parents. he beat her sometime if he got tension over his workplace. if she ask why then he will tell her to go to job and care of him. her inlaws trying him to convince him to leave my friend and asking to marry another girl to get dowry. my friend is having only her marriage certificate no photos or anyother proof available with her. she is having desire to live with that guy and she likes to avoid the second marriage arrangements by her inlaws. kindly suggest what she want to do in this issue

Learning

4 Replies

ajay sethi (lawyer)     16 May 2013

1) since the lady desires to stay with her husband inspite of periodic assaults it is advisable to visit a marriage counsellor .

2) if situation deteriorates the lady should file police complaint agisnt her husband for physical assault .

3) nshe can file complaint under Dv act and seek protection order from court

Ranee....... (NA)     16 May 2013

He may have financial problems because of living separately from own home..He loves your friend, so living with her instead of parents..So the wife should try to help him economically by doing some job or small business.

sree 9491505984 (Lawyer, Hyderabad)     17 May 2013

My friend,

usully love marrages break with financial problems..Advise u r friend to support him to overcome financial probs... If the problems are still contuing then she has to take a decision whether to live with husband are go seperately....She has always choice from law in eitherway.....Best of Luck

Janaki (House Wife)     23 May 2013

Thank you all for the reply.....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register