Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Payal Gajjar (Assistant HR Manager)     31 August 2012

Second marriage

HI,

One of my colleague has love marriage, her  husband got married to another girl bcoz of family pressure & he didn't inform this to his first wife...when she knows abt it, her husband confessed that his family pressurized him to get married. Her husband said that he wants only her to be in her life...what she should do? they are having a daughter as well. Even the second wife is also having son of 6months old....my colleague is really depressed. what sort of punishment her husband will get when this will be declared? Plz..help her.Thax

Learning

9 Replies

b man (Namaste)     31 August 2012

Dear Payalji,

The husband has committed Bigamy for which he can be prosecuted.

Second marriage has no legal validity if the husband has not divorced his first wife. Legally the second marriage is null and void. If you are not a Muslim, for them this condition does not apply as they are governed by Muslim Personal Law.

Warm regards

P.S: I’m not a Lawyer.

vinod (Manager)     31 August 2012

Hi Payal,

Its very Series case . But my suggestion to punish husband will not solve this case . All  three person has to sit togethor along with  older person of family & discuss to resolve this.  Now sinario is not up to on  wife its also  life of kids. who has to face this issue in his whole life .  

As per my thing they all have to do adjestment  & live  scuh a small life. otherwise all they make their life critical .  And  if they thing about  samaj public then they never will find out  the solutions. 

They have to think they are not only one who is facing this situation . Todays  many cases you can find in this society.

my regards with them

vinod chaurasia.

Ranee....... (NA)     31 August 2012

bigamy !!!Is he a Govt. employee?

vijayananthan (advocate)     01 September 2012

Your friend is a first wife of her husband. She is legally entitle to get all benifits. Life is your friend. Your friend can

make  a good decision whether she is  going to continue the matrimonial life with her housband or not. She can live

with her husband countinously in happy manner. If she is not interested to live with him she can get divorce or punish

him for bigamy. This is her life . She may make a good decision  to discuss with you , her parents and relatives and

other friends.    She may forgivness to her husband.  Wellbeing of her child and conjucal happiness to with her

husband or she is going to start a new life with  some other new person or he may be her boy friend . There  are so

many ways to choose...  either western life or indian life... any thing else contact  A. VIJAY ANAND...HIGH COURT

ADVOCATE, CHENNAI/ GOBI . 094422 23366.  E.Mail- ID: vijayananthan_advocate@yahoo.co.in

HK_Jain... (498a Fighter)     02 September 2012

bigamy..

Payal Gajjar (Assistant HR Manager)     03 September 2012

thanks ........

thanks....I think this will work out for them.....thanks again...

thank you , sir

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register