LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Adil (abc)     12 November 2011

Second marriage

I am a muslim and my wife has taken khula as per Islamic law. Our marriage was registered after one year of our actual marriage date. Now my question is can I marry a Hindu girl who is ready to convert to islam? and can I seek legal help in the marriage as the family of girl is obviously against this marriage?


 4 Replies

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     13 November 2011

Yes you can, if she converts to Islam as per Islamic way

Otherwise even you can marry under special marriage act.



Shonee Kapoor

Adil (abc)     13 November 2011

The other question is can I seek legal help in this case from a lawyer who can help us in getting married as after marriage the family of girl would obviously do something against me?

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     14 November 2011

Where are you based, ask for a local lawyer there





Shonee Kapoor

Adil (abc)     14 November 2011

I am based in Lucknow but just gathering the required information before I take any step. I want to be well prepared before I do anything.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query