Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

arindam pal (SSE)     31 May 2010

second mairrage rule



I was legally divorced  in 2006  June and got married in January 2007. My ex husband is now throwing me criminal offence of second marriage.

I have both the legal divorce paper and the social marriage cum registree for my second one. Also my first marriage was only registered and never led any social life. Please let me know if I can throw a case of harassement on him


. My earlier ma

 4 Replies

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     31 May 2010

Be cool. He cannot do anything.

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     31 May 2010

He cannot break the law. He have to approach legally and if he disturbs you in other forms. be polite and give complaint before police

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     01 June 2010

"I was legally divorced  in 2006  June" - what do you mean by the word legally divorced? am raising this point because i have experience that people thinking a village panchyat certificate is a legal divorce. therefore please explain  - where from you got the paper of 'legal divorce'? whether it was an ex party or contested. after that i shall be able to decide whether the said divorce is legal or not.

LAXMINARAYAN - Sr Advocate. ( solve problems in criminal cases.     01 June 2010

Even custom is also legally valid for divorce and remarriage.

Be cool and tell your first huband to get remarried instead of creating problems.

contact at if any further problems.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query