LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

justask   04 September 2018

Sec 307

My husband was beating me and I took a knife to defend myself, he was recording on video and I had no idea, now my husband and in-laws are holding that video over my head and have thrown me out of the house and blocked all communication threatening to hand me over to the police as attempt to murder. I have pictures of swollen face and injuries over my face. Will I be punished only for defending myself? He has beaten me multiple times before and I have proof of that.


 7 Replies

self defence is no crime

justask   04 September 2018

So if they file a report will police arrest me?

Kapil Chandna (Lawyer at Supreme Court of India)     04 September 2018



If they file any report, you need to take anticipatory bail ... 


Warm Regards 

Kapil Chandna Advocate 


1 Like

justask   04 September 2018


How do I do that? Can you please let me know the legal complications of it? I have proof of everything against my in-laws and husband. 


DMINDIA 2018   04 September 2018

just file a divorce case and before that, file a police complaint mentioned all these things in report. Other wise if other party filed complaint against you. then you are not able to defend yourself.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     04 September 2018

You may have to arrange for bail if case is filed.

Both sides are claimimg that they have evidences.

Implying both sides can proceed against each other.

Who is filing 1st is the question mark!

If marital relation is broken down to such extent then;

Either resolve amicably and apologise to each other and crease all differences and save marriage.

Or prefer MCD (both sides forgetting all such instancws as mentioned by you)

Or face all cases including contested divorce on merits ..If litigation starts ; One fine day all cases shall be decided by lower courts then higher courts and then Apex Court, depending upon who pulls on upto what extent..

Kumar Doab (FIN)     04 September 2018

You may ASAP alongwith elders of the family, competent and experienced well wishers, seasoned community leaders, PIP’s, helpgroups, find a very able LOCAL counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in concerned field of law e.g; Family/Civil/Criminal matters as in your case, and well versed with LOCAL applicable rules, precedence, latest judgments etc …. and worth his/her salt, and your counsel can advise you after examining all docs, inputs including said complaints (if any is lodged) , ( corroborating) evidences on record .., and even help to get bail and so as to defend your long term interest.

There are such very able counsels at each location.

Check for such counsels at LOCAL Family/CIVIL courts..HC,SC

One can also seek free legal aid from LOCAL DLSA.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query