Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shubhadeep Roy   27 June 2022

Sec 138 and payment of money!!

Can I file a suit under section 138 of NI ACT for recovery of money,when a part of suit amount is paid by the accused after receiving the legal notice ??????


 2 Replies

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     27 June 2022

Was cheque issued for the full amount originally?  Have you still got with you the returned cheque?  If the answer is yes for both the questions, issue another notice to pay the balance amount. If it is not paid in full, file case under Sec138.

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     27 June 2022


The legal notice has to be fully conplied with. The accused has to pay the full amount. If amount is not paid fully, in that case complaint has to be filed before court. You can disclose the part payment made in the complaint. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query