LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


Sec. 125(3) CrPc Vs Rule 11A order XXI CPC

What is the difference between Sec.125(3) CrPC and Rule 11A of oder XXI or CPC.

How to use both provisions when the JD is not paying the maintenance amount as ordered by court

Mr Bechara..................................


 6 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     22 January 2011

Sec 125(3) of CR.P.C. to recover the maintenance amount  ordered by the court in criminal miscelleneous case.  Under the CPC provision 21 r 11 A is to recover the decreetal amount.


Once the order for payment of  maintenance amount is made then amount payable becomes the decreed amount. Since the recovery proceedings u/s 125crpc are civil in nature so order21 is followed. But when the JD does not pay the decreed amount then why court asks to follow R 11A for issuing Warrant of arrest when it can arrest delinquent JD u/s 125(3) Crpc


How the reovery is to be made if he JD (husband) is not paying the amount. Whether CPC Order21 should be invoked?

s k s k sarma (advocate)     23 January 2011

when the court awarded maintenance under section 125 Cr PC ie under criminal procedure.so you can pray the court to issue non bailable warrant aganist the J Dr by filing petition under 126 Cr P C you can't ask the relief under Order XXI 

warrior (Personal)     06 May 2012

My MC 125 , exparte order .....I am NRI ...my wife filed petition under 125(3) and in first hearing Judge ordered Warrant against me.


What are the options I have now ? how to do set aside on Mc 125 and get stay order on my stay order ?




vishnu (EE)     25 November 2012

Mr. Warrior,

An option left to you is to comply court orders immediately & discharge duties of a law abiding citizen. The orders are from Honorable courts in INDIA.

Police can put you behind bars

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register