LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Satish .J.Agarwal (Advocate &Legal Advisor)     10 November 2011

Searching legal heirs

I have filed a complaint against the builder in the consumer forum in the matter of conveyance deed of the society,Now the proprietor of the builder's firm has expired during the pendency of the matter in the court,Now th ecourt wants me to bring the legal heirs of the builder on record but I do not have any information about the builder's legal heir.The vakalatnama of the builder's advocate has come to an end due to the death of the builder and the court has instructed the builder's lawyer not to appear in the matter hence forth.

Could any one advise me how to search the legal heirs of the builder or what is the procedure,I am newly praticing lawyer and seeking help of my senior advocates.

Thanks & Regards.


 3 Replies

Shashikant V. Patil (Lawyer)     10 November 2011

Dear Agarwal,

It is not confirmed from your query that, have you made party to builder as a defendant or not , however, if you got full particulars of the builder , his address (if not, trace out) , then inquire from his nearby his legal heirs particulars . First you have to give purshis for his death and submit his death certificate and legal heirs may  find out from ration card etc and give list of his legal heirs with their  correct addresses within 90 days.

Satish .J.Agarwal (Advocate &Legal Advisor)     10 November 2011

Thanks for the reply.I have made the builder as the defendant ,I have the office address of the builder but still it is becoming difficult for me to get the name of his legal heirs.It is practically difficult to get his ration card even.

valsakumar (consultant accounts)     11 November 2011


I am one of the below average person. I am belongs to a hindu Nair Family.  My mother got a 12 cents of land by partition from grant mother/father's.  My mother have including me 3 members (One elder sister and One Younger Brother.  Three months ago my  mother (82)hospitalised because of high BP and so the bleeding in brain.  at that time we know from my mother, she is cheated by the daughter(Elder sister) that is, her land 6 Cent is documented  sisters husbands name, but she informed her  for loan guarentee. But from the Registrar office my mother knew that it was a documentation of land.

from the 12 cents of land my mother alotted 6 cent as ishtadaanam.  Now both of two memberrs there is nothing received from my mothers property.  Now the 12 cents of land is holded on the sister and her husbands hand.

what will do to get me the  one third to each member.  I  am not interest to suit a file against her,  bks my ambistion my wishes for her brigh future. but she is cheated ours.

What will to to get the one third for each members


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register