IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

TSBehera (n/a)     09 July 2008

SDJM not taking cognisance though offence proved at face of petition

I have filed a complainat case of forgery proved at the face of petition with all documentary evidence filed.Unfortunately SDJM is not taking cognisance.The case was filed on 3.03.2008.SDJM sent to Police U/S 156(3) for investigation.Police not taking any steps to file report nor SDJM is doing anything or asking police nor it is hearing properly when I want to present the case in person.Simply post opening the dates to my dis -advantage as I am working far away 1200kms.I have not engaged any lawyer because I have very bad experience from them in past.I have filed a petition for calling status report from police and close the investigation and ask me to lead evidence when SDJM take ples and do not listen .I guess Police/SDJM /accused are one .One accused is seen in the house of SDJM in evening.They ,accused are influencial persons locally.

Kindly advise.Can I file the same complaint in repeat before CJM of the district?What to do?


 4 Replies

Kanhaiya Singh (Advocate)     09 July 2008

You can file petition before the CJM of the District to call for the case from the Court of the SDJM instead of filing a fresh complaint and proceed further in that very case.

deepak kumar (Advocate)     17 July 2008

it is not welcome to level charges against anyone. If you have any grievance file a criminal writ petition in the High Court for early conclusion of investigation.

K.C.Suresh (Advocate)     18 July 2008

Hallo Complainant, You are attributing allegations against judiciary. You are not ready to accept the service of an advocate as you have some bad experience. The said two conduct is not good for a litigent. How ever you can fight your claim in the higher side of the SDJM. I.e., the CJM, DJ, HC

naresh (advocate)     18 July 2008

you can move a application for transfer the case from said court to another court but better if you engage any lawyer because for some times we take medicence from chemist if medice reacet then we remeber doctor so dont fight ur case with out lawyer


haresh advocate

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query