25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gopalkrishna Rapaka (Lecture)     19 September 2010

SDA (Special Duty Allowance)

Hi, thank u for reading this tag.

I had worked for DoEACC (Imphal & GUWAHATI) during 1998 to 2005. DOEACC is an autonomous body under ministry of IT & Communications. I am belong to Andhrapradesh.

At that I didn't receive SDA (special duty allowance) though i have submitted many requests.

In 2005, May I resigned and cleared my PF etc.

Can I claim for my unreceived SDA now? Pls advise me whether I am eligible to take this allowance???




 4 Replies

Rashmita Saikia (Lawyer)     20 September 2010

why didn't you claim before resignation?

Gopalkrishna Rapaka (Lecture)     22 September 2010

Thanks for your time.

During my service, I requested many times, but not got reply. Joined in L&T infotech, bangalore after regignation. I do not get time to follow up and ignored.

Can I request /claim now? Want to goto CAT (tribunal) if I do not get proper response from employer.

Pls advise.

Thanks ,


SKALIAMOORTHY (Employee)     20 May 2011

Hello, This is with reference to Special Duty Allowance. As per the office memorandum, the following is the details for SDA


"The undersigned is directed to refer to this Ministry's 0.M. of even number

dated the 14th December, 1983 on the above subject and to state that a question has

arisen as to how the Special (Duty) Allowance will be regulated during periods of

leave/training, joining time and suspension. The President is pleased to decide that

the Special (Duty) Allowance will not be admissible during periods of

leave/training beyond 15 days at a time and be yond 30 days in a year. The

allowance is also not admissible during suspension and joining time."  The clarification here needed is as follows: 1. If an employee take leave for more than 15 days at a time, SDA will be inadmissible for that month. 2. If an employee take leave for 30 days in a year, whether the applicable SDA will be stopped for the entire year or only for the duration of leave? Please clarify. S.Kaliamoorthy

Theresa J. Stanton   24 March 2018

Hi, you are missing some details over her, I request you to give us full details with your holidays and what response you got to your request letter. I suggest you to consulate best essay writing service blog lawyers team and take the help them in this matter. So, they can suggest you what to do next to get your allowance.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query