LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sidhartha Mangaraj   13 June 2024

scolding with bad names and criminal intimidation

tenant vacated the house without uninstalling the AC and a sum of Rs 2200 is due to him from myside. I told him to uninstall AC by 12 noon as I have to go somewhere for 3-4 days and after uninstallation I have to check the house for any damage and return the rest amount.

I have waited till 2pm but they didn't come. so I left the place and on 4pm they called me. I told them to uninstall the AC but I will pay the amount after inspection of room after 3-4 days.

but they scolded me and my family in bad names (whatever comes to their mouth) over the phone and in front of my house also. they tried to lock the gate also. in the street in front of every passers by and neighbours also.
someone (other than the tenant members)called me on the phone and asked me to come immediately and settle the matter otherwise I won't be able to come from house. I told him I will come after 3-4 days after that I will settle .
a neighbour called me that one of them there told that he will cut me into pieces???

what should I do now??
what should be by next step?
do I file a fire against them ?
and a defamation case also??


 3 Replies

Mr. Sumitra kumar (Advocate)     13 June 2024

Lodge an FIR.


Thank you.

1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     13 June 2024

You can lodge a criminal complaint against the tenant for abusing you in bad language and also for defaming you in the public and othr other activities.

You should have been a little patient at this crucial juncuture when the tenant is vacating, you should have ensured that the things are going on smoothly so that you could have avoided this embarassing situation.

1 Like

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     14 June 2024

Chill and do not spoil your peace of mind.

Do not get provoked to initiate any unnecessary fruitless litigation.


1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register