LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mr.Godfrey Lakra   07 February 2016

Sc @ St ATROCITY ACT

I am a bank officer in public sector bank.My higher cader officer is harrashing me for the last 2years.I am demoralized.Filing case under this act can effect my service record or not.How can other end be punished ?

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     07 February 2016

The reporting authority should not level false allegations or harass the reporteee.

The reportee should not level false allegations or charge the reporting authority with untruthful counts.

If you have evidence of harassment at workplace,that can be proved then you can seeek redfressal within departmental provisions.

Dr Katta Venkata Rama Krishna (Retd Sr Director Govt of India/ Advocate)     09 February 2016

1) For the last two years u r working as an officer that too in a Public Sector Bank. Ur statement of simply bearing the alleged torture under SC/ST attrocities of ur immediate higher official superior is not at all convincing in as much as the redressal mechanism in Banks is well organized which how u failed to avail.

2) The militant Bank Trade Unions/ Associations with exclusive SC/ST Cell, seperate SC/ST Associations, Bank Laison Officer mechanism, National Commissions etc are all actively functioning/ operating in Banks.  Even during the period, had u brought the alleged atrocities to their notice, they would hv certainly resolved/ relocated u to another Dept.

3) It is obligatory on the part of the Superior Officer to up bring the SC/ST officers if really lack in performance.  Instead of improving, on the other hand the SC/ ST officers equally should not level allegations against the Higher Authority whether or not true just to settle any scores against him, rather can report to the Reviewing Authority with facts and tangible evidences, if available.

4) If u strongly believe the allegations are really true based on facts, immediately take recourse to the various redressal mechanism available plenty in Banks.  Still failed, then certainly legal remedies always exist can take care.

5) As long as ur complaint is factually is correct will not affect ur career.  U need not get depressed nor afraid of but remember only to place truth as it is which will always prevail.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     09 February 2016

If you have not been subjected to any atrocity on caste/racial basis and you have no evidence then do not jump to level such allegations.

If your work and conduct is not upto the mark then improve it.

If the reporting authority is harassing you attempt to settle the matter amicably.You seem to be a good bank in good job.The bosses need output and results.Sometimes expectations may be high or delivery by reportees may not be upto the mark and that may be preturbing for boss.

However examine you alone are closest to the facts of the matter and know what is the fact.

You alone can decide what recourse is possible and imminent.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register