Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jerry (d)     09 August 2013

Sc caste certificate

Good Evening to All,

Kindly assist me with my problem.

My father was born in the Mahuva, Bhavnagar district, Gujarat -State. My father wants to issue SC caste certificate.  We went to collector's Office, Mumbai City District, Ground Floor, Old Custom House, Mumbai -400001 for caste certificate. They informed us that after the new circular of government rules. Now every person will get caste certificate from the place of his/her birth.

My father was migrated from Gujarat to Maharashtra in 1970 for employment.  We have been living here from last 43 years.

When, we visited Gujarat mamaldar office for caste certificate. They asked us the Ration card copy which is a mandatory document.  We informed that we are living in Mumbai from 42years. Hence, we don’t have a ration card of Gujarat, we have a ration card of Mumbai.  However, they denied issuing caste certificate.

In this scenario, what should be a solution?  We have all other valid documents except ration card.

Please guide me.

Learning

4 Replies

A.SUMATHY 9380902017 (LAWYER)     09 August 2013

File Writ petition before High court, Mumbai, Implead the Gujarat and Mumbai issuing authority as respondent.

Court will order you. 

Jerry (d)     11 August 2013

Thank you for your reply sir. However, my dad needs to submit caste certificate before 31st september to his government authority.

Pls suggest me any other solutions.

Can you suggest me a lawyer who is in Bhavnagar or Mahuva of Gujarat and help us to get caste certificate from mamlatadar.

Kolla Gangadhar (Practicing Advocate since 1986)     11 August 2013

Your father has been living M.H. State for last 43 years he is entitled to get caste certificate from M.H. State not Gujarath State. You question M.H. State circular caste certificate must  be obtained  from place birth not from the state the person lives. You obtain circular under R.T.I. Act, 2005 and question in the High Court to quash circualr.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     22 August 2013

I tend to agree with Mr Kolla Gangadhar.

why your father has to submit crertificate so urgently at such age?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register