Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

natarajan nr (freelancer)     15 July 2009

sbi credit card

A had an SBI credit card. Outstanding was just Rs. 500/-. increased to 3000 by way of interest. After negotiation settled for  Rs. 2500/- and the payment made to the representative of the SBIcard who was following the case. He has given a receipt (dated 2005) in which he has clearly indicated that this will be in full final settlemnt of the case. A couple of years had passed and suddently a phone call recd from SBI  credit card Delhi indicating an outstanding of Rs. 5000/-. ' Pay it to avoid litgation" was the instructions. Inspite of sending copies of the receipts of Rs.2500/- together with the remark as indicated above, many times,  repeated calls. In the mean while A dies (2006).  B the husband continues to get calls. Inspite of communication that A is no more. After 4 years the oustanding is communicated as Rs.11000/-. A also gets a communication for a responsible officer from SBI New Delhi iinforming A that The increase in the outstating amount is due to payment of insurance for A to Royal Sundaram and that B should better settle the amount and lodge a claim for insurance due to the death of A. He  informs that he will help immediately after the payment is made. Now the payment of Rs. 11000/-  is made in  April 2008.  A Zero  liability cert obtained. But efforts to revive contacts with the officer of SBI Card to get the details of the amount arrived at for Rs.11000/- to facilate lodging claim has been unsuccessful. Mail communication never gets a reply. 

Local representataive are inefficient to help.  Who is to be contacted for getting the grievance settled?  What should be the course of action left with B the husband. How to get in touch with so called Ombudsman who probably can help? 


 2 Replies

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     15 July 2009

u can approach the banking ombudsman.


for details of banking ombudsman, u can visit the RBI website.

2 Like

prof s c pratihar (medical practitioner &legal studies)     17 July 2009

dear sir, recently sbicard has been taken over by state bank of india.if you go to bank ombudsman it will be solved.however you can ring and ask for a can also talk over phone. toll free no---1800 180 1290. also talk with the chief manager  of al alarger branch

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register