LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ravi   28 April 2017

Save marriage plz help me

We married in 2014. Now we joint petition in 2017 for divorce and write in petition we live together only one day. And write No maintance and no dowry..not alligation to each hearing after six month..i want save marriage please help me


 2 Replies

Praveen Kumar (Intern Lawyer)     28 April 2017

File a petition under section 9 of HMA (Restitution of Conjugal Rights).

Section 9 in The Hindu Marriage Act, 1955

9 Restitution of conjugal rights. — 7 [***] When either the husband or the wife has, without reasonable excuse, withdrawn from the society of the other, the aggrieved party may apply, by petition to the district court, for restitution of conjugal rights and the court, on being satisfied of the truth of the statements made in such petition and that there is no legal ground why the application should not be granted, may decree restitution of conjugal rights accordingly. 8 [ Explanation. —Where a question arises whether there has been reasonable excuse for withdrawal from the society, the burden of proving reasonable excuse shall be on the person who has withdrawn from the society.] 9 [***]

Ravi   28 April 2017

I say to judge that we live together only one day....this 3 year separation is groud for divorce?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query