New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

TANMOY (director)     26 August 2009


Hi, I want to represent myself before the Hon'able High Court without any lawyer seeking police protection against threat to withdraw 138 N.I. Act case and 420 IPC. Can I do it without a lawyer? Can any body give me a sample petition to seek protection from High Court under writ or 482 CR. P.C ?



 3 Replies

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     26 August 2009

Tanmoy better engage some lawyer.


let the work of experts be confined to experts only :-)



TANMOY (director)     26 August 2009

Kiranji, I am from Bhubaneswar and not from Delhi or Kolkata or Mumbai that a good lawyer will be available. You must understand and acknowledge the situation of court in small cities. You can hardly find out a good lawyer here and the lawyers who are good are very few and charging 25000-40000 rupees for preparing just draft and first hearing when in Delhi it costs approx 10000-15000rs ( ofcourse, rate varies from case to case ). I hope that I have not offended you but please understand if I have already paid 20000rs for 138 N.I case and 15000 for 420 IPC and unofficially to police 30000Rs and for registering FIR 7000rs. If it will go in this way then I will be on street within a few days. Hope you will understand me .....

Kumar (Family CEO)     05 May 2012

When a patient attempts to cure or heal themselves, it creates a confilct of interest with the medical population. The Doctor community, at large will call such a person stuipd. The attempts may just be as trivial as buying a band aid and covering a minor scratch or buying Aspirin to overcome a headache. The doctor, on the other hand could do all sorts of testing, documentation and follow up care and rake your bills up. 


At the other hand, you have some very credible lawyers on this forum who will zoom straight down into the problem and be able to type more than one or two lines ( devoid of any reference to legal provision, or case references ). I would trust those doctors with my minor scratch or common headache and it may be worth every penny to retian such pros.


In US, any person can walk into a court house and walk out with an order of protection in 10-15 minutes. You wont get more than that to get the order. This is after you fill in standard forms the court clerk will provide free of cost. What is more interesting is that the Sheriff/police will personally deliver a copy of the court order to the other party and you are a free man. 


Tanmoy, I have a similar requirement and can afford the fee. We can split the fee at 10(you)-90% ( me). We can retain "one good" attorney and share the research and paperwork. Please email me at and we can discuss further.  


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register