LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashish M (Chartered Accountant)     01 February 2010

sample consumer application?

dear all,

        I want to file a consumer complaint against a mobile company. Pls give me a sample application which i need to submit in the court. smbdy said it starts with like ' To,

the president, CDRF .......' smthng similar.

Pls provide the exact format of application.!

thanks .!


 9 Replies

rajesh saharan (ADVOCATE)     01 February 2010


Attached File : 22 22 consumer protection.doc downloaded: 702 times

rajesh saharan (ADVOCATE)     01 February 2010

maybe this will help

Ashish M (Chartered Accountant)     01 February 2010

Thanks RAjesh.!!!!!!!!!

ICRPC looks like an NGO. Thanks for the info.

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     01 February 2010

There may be various modes to file such application apart from given by Rajesh.

rajesh saharan (ADVOCATE)     02 February 2010

sorry sir but it's the easy way in my opinion

Kanaksinh P.Boda (Educationist/Lawyer)     02 February 2010

Standard Formates are also put up on the notice boards of consumer forum. Further, there are also instructions like fine prints. It is better to visit the Office of the concerned forum ,as  the pretrial procedures slightly differ from forum to forum.

sachin katariya (advocate)     02 February 2010

My dear friend actually there is no format prescribed for the application/complaint which is to be filed before consumer court.

Further the simple way is that you may kindly note down the series of the fact for which you would like to file complaint. and lastly pray what you want from court file it along with affidavit


mahendrakumar (marketing)     03 February 2010

dear sachin,

It is a known fact that there is no format.

however,there is a growing tendency among public for approaching advocates for filing cases at consumer courts and some of these advocates are gradually changing the formats and procedures similar to that of other courts.

My suggestion is that you put up your complaint in anyway you like in  a plain paper with details,your address, complainants address,facts of the complaints with supporting bills etc,so that any layman could understand the nature of your complaints and the remedies sought.

Number of copies required is 3 plus x (x denotes no.of opposite parties)

Depending upon the value, there is a stipulated fee of rs.100- for claims upto one lakh and rs.200/- for claims upto 5 lakhs.

make the complaints at the CDRF where the cause of action occured.

It is as simple as that.

Ashish M (Chartered Accountant)     03 February 2010

Thanks u all for ur imperative comments,,,!!!!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register