LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ujjwal bag (AM)     23 March 2023

Same station criteria, related to government, psu employee

I AM A STATE PSU EMPLOYEE, MY SPOUSE IS A CENTRAL GOVT EMPLOYEE.

OUR OFFICE IS UNDER , SAME DISTRICT , DIFFERENT MUNICIPALITY  AND DOES NOT HAVE COMMON BORDER. AND OFFICE DISTANCE IS 16 KM.

I HAVE ACCOMODATION PROVIDED BY MY PSU IN MY OFFICE LOCATION . MY WIFE GOES TO HER OFFICE  FROM OUR JOINTLY OWNED HOME IN ADJASCENT DISTRICT. BUT THE HOUSE MUNICIPALITY DOES NOT HAVE COMMON BORDER WITH MY WORK STATION.

1. I WANT TO KNOW WHETHER OUR PLACE OF POSTING CAN BE CONSIDERED " POSTED AT SAME STATION"?

2. WHAT IS THE MEANING OF "SAME STATION" related to posting of goverment employees, or claim of HRA?

Learning

5 Replies

RAKESH ISHI   24 March 2023

if your office location is within a municipality or cantonment board or outgrowth where a post office is located, and your jointly owned home is within a radial distance of 8 kilometers from that post office, then your place of posting can be considered as "posted at the same station" for the purpose of claiming HRA.

However, if the municipality where your jointly owned home is located does not have a common border with your office location's municipality, it may create some confusion.

In such cases, it is advisable to seek clarification from the concerned authorities in your PSU or the municipal authorities to confirm whether your place of posting can be considered as "posted at the same station" for the purpose of claiming HRA.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     26 March 2023

please be clear about facts.  In some cases i.e. Delhi guargaon.  This is not only speerate city but seperate distt seperate state.  However being same aggomolation the HRA is not admissible if spouce has govt accommodation.

ujjwal bag (AM)     03 April 2023

@sudhir sir, our posting is in same district, hooghly, west bengal. But office is under different municipalty. These municipalty s  does not have common border.

I have govt accomodation at my office in hooghly district. My wife go to her office from our joint home. Joint home located at howrah district. Approx 30 km from my office , also from her office.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     25 April 2023

I gave you example of Delhi -girgaon.  There are many persons who travel to 30 Km to join duty fromDelh-guargaon.  Or Delhi - faridabad.  Delhi-ghaziabad.

Central govt has evenaccommodation at Ghaziabad which isallowed to Delhi posted employees.  Faridabad has govt accommodation by EPFO which is allowed for Delhi posted employees fo that department. 

these towns are treated as sam agrtromolation though located in other states.

P. Venu (Advocate)     26 April 2023

But, why this query? What is the context?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register